About CSRCDec 02, 2019 2022-05-10 22:53
Responsible Solutions for Business and Society
Get to know about us
At a Glance
Center for Sustainability Research and Consultancy is an educational, research and consultancy organization based in Pakistan aiming to contribute towards environment-friendly and people-friendly businesses and society in emerging and developing economies in accordance with the global best practices. CSRC is also committed to the global integration of higher education, research and policy advocacy related to sustainability challenges in Pakistan and other developing countries and thereby enabling an inclusive community of academia and practitioners.
The Center serves as a global forum primarily run and managed by alumni, research scholars and faculty members from Bahauddin Zakariya University Pakistan, University of Malaya, Putra Business School Malaysia, Universiti Utara Malaysia and other distinguished universities in emerging and developing economies. The Center aims to provide multidisciplinary research, consulting and training solutions to academia and practitioners in areas of sustainable business, economy and society in emerging economies. The members of Advisory Council and Associate Fellows team up to aspire for responsible solutions for sustainable business and society in emerging economies.
CSRC adheres to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion in its organizational policies and practices to itself become a responsible organization.
how it begins
CSRC was established in 2015 as a non-profit organization in Pakistan to serve as a think tank and advocacy platform for sustainable business and social ecosystems in emerging economies. Yet on the advice of the advisory board to make the Center financially sustainable, the management of CSRC registered it as a private limited company with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan in 2016. Since then, CSRC is serving as a social venture with financially sustainable model by following policy of ‘profit with purpose’ and ‘doing good by doing well’. CSRC has committed its resources to further research and policy support in the areas of sustainable economic development, business strategy and social ecosystems in developing economies. The management policy and culture of CSRC as organization is based on the principles of DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion).
Today CSRC has evolved into a number of ventures in line with its vision and mission, a brief of which is as follows.
- Research Divisions Three research divisions of the Center namley: Responsible Business and Society; Financial Inclusion and Green Accounting; Environment and Development are currently undertaking education, research, training and consultancy in various areas of sustainable development and business strategies
- CSRC Publishing – The publication arm to facilitate publishing of research output through quality research journals independently managed by distinguished editorial board from top universities
- CSRC Learning – to support research capacity building and entrepreneurship training
- CSRC Emerging Markets Research Labs – a global network of research labs in partnership with universities and higher education institutions in emerging economies
- CSRC Voices – a platform to organize conferences and seminars in collaboration with top ranked universities in emerging economies to encourage research and policy advocacy for sustainable business and society
- To excel as an educational, research and policy advocacy platform within social and behavioral sciences focusing on sustainable economy, business and society in developing economies.
- To excel as a network hub of international community of research scholars in developing economies with global mindset in order to address multidisciplinary sustainability issues which are increasingly becoming global.
- To contribute as enabling arm towards academic excellence and internationalization of higher education institutions in Pakistan and other developing countries through international linkages.
- To develop responsible leadership through education, research, training and scholarly publications that may link their endeavors with sustainability issues in business, economy and society.
- To work closely with the business sector for two-way sharing of research and best practices that help create responsible markets and society based on principles of diversity, equity, inclusion and climate friendly.
Enter your email address to register to our newsletter subscription
delivered on a regular basis!